[Az-Geocaching] Re: Power Trail not approved! (or... Great Multi Stage caches)

Scott Sparks scottsparks1 at mchsi.com
Sat Mar 5 13:35:49 MST 2005

I'll agree AZ Tidbit Quest was great series!   I started it the week
before the 2003 Tucson Geocaching Extravaganza Event and finsihed it up,
about three trips to Tucson later, on the day of the _2004_ Tucson
Geocaching Extravaganza Flood , er.. I mean ... Event;   just over a
year later.   The great thing about the seies is it is not a pure
multi-cache in that you get credit for each stage that you find.
However, like a true multi-cache, it suffers from the same problem of
missing preliminary stages.  (One of the stages was missing on my first
two attempts.) But, even if you aren't able to solve the coordinates for
the final stage, at least you get to log the stages you have found.
Aside from the multiple stages, the final is also a puzzle of sorts,
that you solve with info obtained from the other stages, which is an
added draw for the more cerebral types.  All-in-all, a great cache
"series" but, as I said, not a true multi-cache as defined by
groundspeak. (Not necessarly a bad thing. ;-) )

-- Sprocket