[Az-Geocaching] Re: Power Trail not approved!

GREGG OBUCH gobuch at prodigy.net
Fri Mar 4 21:03:55 MST 2005

Scott,

Thanks for the kind words about our AZ Tidbit series of caches.  Sometimes it's a challenge to keep some of the base caches stocked with the necessary info.  We have had quite a few out-of-staters get hooked by the first stages and not finish until a later trip to Tucson.

Gregg of MO & GO

Roping The Wind <arizcowboy at hotmail.com> wrote:

>From: Guy Aldrich
>To: listserv at azgeocaching.com
>Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Re: Power Trail not approved!
>Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 18:51:59 -0700
>
>Channel surfing was a great multi,My wife and I and The Watcher were
>the only ones to complete it!

There are two multi caches that I particularly enjoyed and remember well.
The first was one of Libby's. It was a nighttime multi cache run up in
Anthem, north of Phoenix. It was basically strewn out along the sidewalks
that run thru the washes between the homes and such. Using a flashlight you
shined along the path ahead to search for really small stickers that had
reflective material on them. They were stuck on a tree or sign or something
at such an angle as to be seen from the previous one and so forth and so on.
It took, if I recall, about 1 or 1 1/2 hours or so to complete it. At the
end was a full ammo box that contained lots of nice stuff. Libby did a great
job on that one. We did it on a very cold December night. I think it was
around 10pm or so when we started it.

The other one I particulary enjoyed doing was the Arizona Tidbit Quest. This
is a 7 part multi and each of the first 5 locations actually gives you
credit for a find (what a wonderful idea!). They are each seperate caches
and GC#'s. After finding those 5, you had information from each that would
lead you to the Checkpoint Cache. Another cache and GC# that is worth a
find. After that... on to the final AZ Tidbit Quest cache. Yet another GC#
and cache. The last was a full size container. That was is in Tucson and is
still active as we just completed it a couple of months ago. Great idea for
a multi cache. Other than those... I dont generally care for multi's. But
those two were both alot of fun to do!

Scott
Team Ropingthewind