[Az-Geocaching] Mcdowell Mountain Park!

Team Tierra Buena teamtierrabuena at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 4 01:08:13 MST 2005

> This is the part I was confused about.  there is the Regional park and
> then
> there is the preserve...

The McDowell Mountain Regional Park is Maricopa County land where caches may
be placed with the prior approval of the park supervisor. The
McDowell-Sonoran Preserve is owned by the City of Scottsdale, and
"co-managed" (my choice of word, others likely don't see it that way) by the
McDowell-Sonoran Land Trust and the City of Scottsdale Preserve Commission,
and caching there is a sacrilege. It's also illegal.

This is a (dare I say?) gross oversimplification, but in general... if
you're in the McDowells and you can see Fountain Hills, you're in the
regional park. If you can see Scottsdale, you're in the Preserve.

If you're in the latter, please try to protect the land so future
generations may be denied access as well. If you must breathe, avoid
exhaling.

Steve
Team Tierra Buena

Forget world peace... visualize using your turn signal!