[Az-Geocaching] buried caches

WhtW01f at aol.com WhtW01f at aol.com
Thu Jun 30 12:31:36 MST 2005

I have had a couple of caches that we had to Un-bury.  One north  of Phoenix
was buried under the side of a rock and you could see where  others had
trouble finding it and were digging all over trying to find  it.  I think we finally
just covered it as is directed.

I don't like digging for caches.. uncovering yes.. pine needles and
branches.. there is so much you can cover a cache with you don't need to  dig down and
put it in a Void... that causes others to strip the land  looking for it.

Have you looked at what the mineral diggers do to landscape looking  for
gems.. its terrible.

Have respect for the land and yourselves.. This is another reason so  many of
the parks and recreation people have trouble with  geo-caching.  They don't
want people digging up old sites of historic  value.   Leave no trace...

Brandon