[Az-Geocaching] Prescott/Chino ValleyCachers(EspeciallyHamcachers)

Team Tierra Buena teamtierrabuena at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 27 21:19:02 MST 2005

> Just for a note re: stuff that should be on a map and isn't...my house or
rather my neighborhood doesn't exist on many maps...wonder when it will??
And I'm

> "downtown Phx".

Prescott/Chino Valley is the other way around. The area, as Trisha so
presciently observed, has all kinds of mapped roads that don't exist. I
found several of them on Saturday. I was able to get within .75 mile of the
Field Day site from the west, but could not get to it, even on foot, without
crossing posted property. And therein lies the rub. Many of the roads shown
in Topo, S&T, etc., that are north and west of Prescott, are private roads.
Most, though not all, allow public passage, but "at your own risk".

Let me tell you a bit about what "at your own risk" means up there. I was
driving on a graded unpaved road, trying to head east, when I came across a
washout. The road had simply collapsed. In the washout was a small passenger
car, the roof of which was level with where the road used to be. I'm hardly
expert in such things, but looking at it, I can't imagine that vehicle could
be winched out, as the walls were near vertical. I just turned around and
headed back to pavement.

Steve

Team Tierra Buena