[Az-Geocaching] Prescott/Chino Valley Cachers (EspeciallyHamcachers)

Team Tierra Buena teamtierrabuena at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 23 21:36:38 MST 2005

> The routing to that location may be complex. That side of Chino has some
confusing roads....Steve, have you been there before, do you have/need
directions? Is there > access from the west side via Williamson Valley Rd?
(Coords are close 'nuff)

First, thanks for the cache recommendations in your other post. I actually
did work a Field Day from that site once, but it was in the years BC (Before
Caching), so I've forgotten the route. I've got a map from the club. The map
on my Garmin seems to track pretty close to it, but they only give
directions from the east.

>From Williamson Valley Rd., Topo indicates you can head north on North Star,
and then wind your way northeast on Morgan Trail until it runs into Wind
Rock. Take Wind Rock north a bit until you can turn right and head due east
on Morgan Trail again. Then south on Blue Star to the site, which will be on
the west (right-hand) side of the road.

If anyone is interested in directions from Prescott: Go north on US 89 about
12 miles from downtown. Turn left at the McDeath and head west on Road 3 N.
That curves north and becomes Yuma. Then turn left on Pheasant (north of
Dove), go south on Cherokee, west on Morgan Trail, and south on Blue Star.

DISCLAIMER: The directions above have no warranty, express or implied,
regarding their accuracy. Your mileage may vary. Side effects may include
dizziness, nausea, walking around in circles while holding portable
electronic devices in your hand, or an incessant ringing of the Morse Code
characters for "CQ FD" in your ears. If you or your partner have an erection
that lasts more than four hours, see your doctor; I don't want to know about
it.

Steve

Team Tierra Buena