[Az-Geocaching] I love Christmas in June

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 18 07:56:12 MST 2005

>From: "Team Tierra Buena" <teamtierrabuena at earthlink.net>
>To: <listserv at azgeocaching.com>
>Subject: RE: [Az-Geocaching] I love Christmas in June
>Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 19:39:00 -0700
>
> > Well, last month that was the case.  We got snow about mid-month, but it
> > was gone in a hurry.
>
>I understand there's still some snow on Humphrey's Peak. Down here in the
>Valley they're talking about 110 by midweek. What a difference two hours
>(and 10,000 vertical feet or so) can make.
>
>Steve
>Team Tierra Buena

There is still a good amount of snow up on Humphrey's Peak. Not nearly as
much as there was a few weeks ago though. But the snow is still very much
visible from above Sedona. I can see the peaks from about 6,000 or higher
above Sedona.

I am hoping to make the hike up Humphrey's Peak sometime this summer. Myself
and JonnyCacheAZ have talked about possibly in July sometime. I am not
really into hiking great distances for a virtual cache... but I have always
wanted to make that hike. So glad to see there is some sort of a geocache up
there!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=ebd875d6-8dca-41b2-8a4b-187353b09cea

Scott
Team Ropingthewind