[Az-Geocaching] geocache in Peru

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 15 10:35:08 MST 2005

>From: AZcachemeister <azcachemeister at getnet.com>
>To: listserv at azgeocaching.com
>Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] geocache in Peru
>Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 20:28:09 -0700
>
>A while back, someone posted (on the GC.com forums) a list of caches that
>could be 'found' from the comfort of your couch/chair/kitchen table. Most
>of the cache pages were written in foreign languages, which adds to the
>fun, but no need to go out in the heat!
>
>Steve

It's good to see that geocaching.com is cracking down on Virtual caches for
this very reason. There are lots of virtual caches out there that can be had
from the comfort of your computer desk.... I always called it 'armchair
caching'. Just recently, I noticed a virtual cache nearby here that I found
the answers to online. Of course, I didnt log it as a find. I didnt even log
anything on it... and I will not until I visit the place for myself. The
virtual I speak of is the Montezuma Castle Monument up here in Camp Verde.
The other nearby virtual (Montezuma Well) requires a picture for credit. A
picture is pretty much concrete evidence of your visit (although I suppose
that it is rather easy to play with images on the computer these days!).

I havent logged either one of these caches yet. Although I am looking
forward to visiting them sometime soon. I was at Montezuma Castle many years
ago. But I wasnt geocaching then. So I will have to go back for the purpose
of geocaching now! :)  I'm not going to cheat myself out of the 'experience'
of this virtual cache by 'armchair caching'. When I visit the place soon....
I will log my 'find'.

I dont mind virtual caches... as they are still 'coordinates take you to the
cache' kind of thing. But I do like a virtual that can't be found online. It
is kind of annoying to find this out when you did it the proper way. But, to
each their own.

Scott
Team Ropingthewind