[Az-Geocaching] Dodge?

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 9 14:46:50 MST 2005

My recommendation would be this....

sell your 'new' dodge truck.. you know, the new one that is currently
broken....

then, seek out a nice, old oh late 60's or early 70's or so Dodge truck (or
chevy or ford or whatever you like). Very easy to work on and very
INEXPENSIVE to work on. You might even be able to do the work on it yourself
if you are into that kind of thing.

By doing this, you save LOTS of money! I bought my first truck... a 1974 GMC
1/2 ton truck.... 14 years ago... for $500. I still own it today and drive
it daily. I have probably put a few thousand into it over all those years...
but that aint even a down payment on a new truck! :) Buying new vehicles is
like throwing away money... IMHO. They depreciate very quickly as soon as
they leave the showroom floor. You better plan on owning it for a REALLY
LONG time. Many people buy new vehicles and then they sell it a few years
down the road. Talk about throwing money away. They probably sell it because
they are starting to have little things go wrong with it (its a vehicle...
old or new they are prone to breaking down!) and it is very expensive to
have a dealership do repair work. Noaways, it involves many hours of labor
just to change the spark plugs!!! At something like $70 an hour labor (or
whatever it is).... I change my spark plugs for a few dollars in parts and
15 minutes of my time!!! I will not let someone else work on my trucks... I
do it all myself and I know I am not getting 'ripped off' or 'screwed over'.
Oh, and I am not a professional mechanic either and I still need help and
advice from time to time.

Yes, it is possible to make an old vehicle look as plush and beautiful as a
new vehicle! (yes, I admit, the 'ride' is much nicer in new vehicles these
days). They are much cheaper to work on and repair and often times you can
do the work yourself and the local Autozone or Checker store has the parts
you need! Old vehicles do break down from time to time.. but apparently, so
do new vehicles! When I am out in the middle of nowhere, it is good to know
that the nearest auto parts store in small town america most likely has the
part I need to get back on the road again. A new vehicle.. you have to get a
rental car since the dealership cant work on it until Monday. Then, they
might have to order parts and you will be stuck without it even longer!
KA-CHING!

Now.. ask the question again.. how much did that new vehicle cost you????

Tungue firmly in cheek,

:)

Scott
Team Ropingthewind