[Az-Geocaching] Is this for real?

ShadowAce shadowace.az at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 08:40:36 MST 2005

It happened the day before Halloween, on Oct. 30, 1938, when millions
of Americans tuned in to a popular radio program that featured plays
directed by, and often starring, Orson Welles. The performance that
evening was an adaptation of the science fiction novel The War of the
Worlds, about a Martian invasion of the earth. But in adapting the
book for a radio play, Welles made an important change: under his
direction the play was written and performed so it would sound like a
news broadcast about an invasion from Mars, a technique that,
presumably, was intended to heighten the dramatic effect.

Since the new version is going to be released this month, I wonder how
many people have connected the fact that this might just be a couple
of news people lined up to make the movie all that much more
appealing?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/waroftheworlds/