[Az-Geocaching] Tucson Dinner Event !

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 12 12:37:58 MST 2005

If I'm buying... we are all going to Burger King!!!!

:)) LOL LOL LOL  RAFLMAO!!!!

I was just joking about the Enchantment Resort thing.... :)  That place is
ssssssooooo expensive, I wouldnt take a girl there for dinner! Call me
cheap.... but I could never justify paying that much for a dinner plate with
a bunch of stuff on it that I cant even pronounce!!! Just give me a pizza or
a burger anyday! ;)

I have eaten at the Los Abrigados up here before. A bit pricey.. but great
food! I hear the Enchantment is great eatin' too... but I have never eaten
there. It's too fancy smancy for me :) Thats more for people who, like, own
Hummer H2s (you know, the kind that never leave a paved road and dont have
an ounce of mud or dirt on em'!)  and stuff. ;)

I'm more into the mom and pop small town BBQ joint where all the good ol'
boys and girls can pull their old pickup trucks up and go for some good
grub! (there is a great one in Camp Verde).

Seriously, I was thinking lately that it would be cool to have an event
cache up here in Sedona. No one ever does event caches for the Flagstaff and
northern AZ cachers. Would be fun to get them all together. There are a
number of fairly active cachers up here.... but I have never met any of them
before. There is apparently a listserv for Northern AZ caching.... but no
one posts on it. I dont think there are very many cachers in Sedona at all.
But there are a few active cachers in Cottonwood area and also many cachers
who are fairly active up in Flagstaff. I cant really think of anywhere in
Sedona where we could have one. I'm not really into the 'hang out in the
park ramada' and bullcrap kind of caches. There are plenty of great places
for that around here! Crescent Moon Ranch state park is beautiful. All
grassy and shady and down along the Oak Creek. Popular swimming holes there
and a great place for a BBQ. A bit pricey on the admission though (For an
event cache anyways). I think it is like $7 to get in the park. There are
also 2 caches in that park... of course, you can hike in along the creek to
get to em'! ;) Oh... there is a really beautiful state park in
Cottonwood/Clarkdale... Dead Horse Ranch state park. Again, lots of shade
and greenery and down along the banks of the Verde River. Great swimming
holes down there as well... AND.. there are like 7 active caches in the
park! I found them all on one visit to the park. The park knows about all
the caches and is very much geocache friendly. Now that would be a great
spot for an event cache. I never really believed in paying to get into an
event cache though. Again, it's a state park and I think I paid $7 or maybe
it was $5 to get in. I think that is for a car load though. Anyone have an
old school bus and we could ALL car pool in?! HAHAHA!!! :))

Anyways, I will give it some thought (as I have been recently) and maybe I
will come up with something. There is only one cacher up here that I have
communicated with lately and we have talked about getting together for a
small cache run sometime. He is in Cottonwood.

Scott
Team Ropingthewind