[Az-Geocaching] I heard from "ghanson."

Rand Hardin rhrdn8 at juno.com
Mon Jul 11 11:40:06 MST 2005

For some of you old-timers (3 years +) that cached in the Phoenix area, you may remember Garland Hanson (ghanson).  He had told me that he had to back off from caching due to starting a new business.  He had the cache, "Silverhawke Stash" (GC854F).  Anyway, he seemed to disappear and we lost track.

I received an email from him.  He's now in Virginia and has started caching again.  He just found his 100th cache.

For those interested I included his email below:

Rand,

Glad to see you're still at geocaching!!!  You may remember us near the
beginning of both of geocaching careers at the dogpark in Chandler. We then attended a cacher picnic at Freestone Park.  We moved to my homeland, Virginia, last year and just resumed geocaching today.

We'll score cache #100 for us tomorrow morning right by the house.  The caches here in the woods are much different than the desert caches!  I like the creativity of the AZ cachers, especially in the urban areas.  We'll set a few "AZ style" caches nearby here and see how the locals do.

Net Serve:Roadrunners Revenge is STILL my altime favorite.  Maybe because I got lucky and found it within a few minutes!

Hope you are doing well!

Garland Hanson