[Az-Geocaching] Mt. Lemmon Question

David Thompsen dthompsen at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 11 10:50:52 MST 2005

Mount Lemmon's a tricky one, the key is to stay out of the wilderness area when placing a container.  In general, the land to the north and east of the road up Mount Lemmon is not in the wilderness area and thus OK for caches.  Best bet is to consult a topo map which shows the boundary of the wilderness area before placing a cache up there.

--Dave, The Cow Spots

Andrew Ayre <andy at britishideas.com> wrote:
National Forests are ok. National Parks are not. I think that BLM land and state land are ok, but you need a permit to go onto state land (nominal fee). Wilderness areas (regardless of whether they are in a national forest or not) are not ok.

Andy