[Az-Geocaching] I cant find it.... HELP!

David Thompsen dthompsen at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 6 10:26:39 MST 2005

If you really care to follow the requests of not duplicating a locationless find, you've got two options:

1) Scan through the entire cache listing.  I usually will do a quick search for a chunk of the degree coordinates like "111" or somesuch to see if anything matches.   This is, however, a royal pain in the butt.

2)  Use the Locationless Cache Analyzer at :

http://www.factsfacts.com/geocachingsoft/locationless.htm

which will usually tag duplicates if they're less than 500 feet apart.

My opinion is that it's the cache owner's responsibility to follow the guidelines of the cache page that they're logging, whether it's a locationless or not.  Duplicates shouldn't be logged on locationless unless they're expressly permitted.

Of course, in reality, many locationless owners simply don't care about the locationless caches anymore, so duplicates abound.

--Dave, The Cow Spots

"D. Nichols" <geocrazy at cox.net> wrote:
You dont.... I figure the cache owner can do that if he really wants to.

Damian
GeoCrazy
www.geocrazy.com

Trisha Brasher <trisha at brasher.com> wrote:

How in the world do you read thru 1430+ logs and pics to make sure that you don't post a "find" that is a duplicate???

IS it really worth the time ?

(no)

Trisha