[Az-Geocaching] Event Caches

Gale sonoralovesmommy at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 5 23:21:15 MST 2005

Since this has come up, Im planning an event cache in the spring, either March 4th or 11th. I will likely need volunteers for this. The event cache will be based on this event in Albuquerque:

My only dilemna is where to have the final part of the event, where prizes are handed out. Opinions and suggestions on any part of this are welcome.

EvilFISH <EvilFish at cox.net> wrote:
I would like to chime in and mention a few words about Event caches....

The first Event cache that I attended was a great Pot Luck in a park, many people showed most brought food some ate what was there...One caching group graciously donated a lot of food...

Time Passed and I planned my first event a breakfast cache that did take some planning and convincing the restaurant manager that our group would be welcomed group. I did this for 2 reasons I knew very few cachers and had a minor income the buffet was very affordable for me and everyone else.

the results several caching groups and teams went out together after eating finding caches together...

due to several reasons some of which were change of residences and business closing the breakfast caches turned into Pizza Caches at restaurants with a large area which allowed several people to sit next to each other and low cost very affordable Good Food. currently at a location that Geocachers are welcome at any time and any number..and yes I am looking for a banquet room at a Chinese Restaurant for a low price....

The next True Park Cache was the Halloween cache a very nice event well planned and well run activities, but imho weird lighting :) but for a park cache very nice and the second was just as good...

There have been several other events in-between

Casa Grande
Prescott
Tucson
Yuma
Bull Head City

some were above expectations some not, but All of which did 2 things brought Cachers together and increased the networking of local and far away cachers...which is the true success of any event cache even in the rain....