[Az-Geocaching] Photograph Arizona virtual cache

Trisha Brasher trisha at brasher.com
Mon Jul 4 23:13:51 MST 2005

WORDS OF CAUTION:

That area is tough to hike in, esp in the summer. Long trails and steep terrain (sometimes vertical!) And it is HOT in Sedona right now.

We have had several searches for lost people in the Secret Mtn area, and north of there on the rim.
Years ago, a man was never found. There is a trail named after him.
A couple Novembers ago we had a lengthy search for a man from NH (Ijams search). His body was found after a protracted and thorough search, way back farther than anyone would have imagined he would have hiked, based upon his "usual habits".
Just a couple weeks ago, some may remember the search for the deaf woman near Turkey Butte (on the Rim). She was eventually found alive and well, thank God.

PLEASE do not go into the wilderness alone, PLEASE be well equipped and PLEASE tell someone where you are going and when you are coming back. I much prefer to search and find people alive.

I took a look at the coords for the new Photo AZ locale, and kinda shook my head when I saw what area it was in. (too hard a hike for me!) BUt it will be fun to see who is able to go there, and it will be beautiful.

Happy 4th All!!

Trisha ~ Lightning
Prescott Vly