[Az-Geocaching] Hi! My Name Is...

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 4 21:18:17 MST 2005

>From: "David E. Lucas" <lucas at email.arizona.edu>
>To: az-geocaching at listserv.azgeocaching.com
>CC: lucas at u.arizona.edu
>Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Hi! My Name Is...
>Date: Mon,  4 Jul 2005 20:35:09 -0700
>
>Speaking of lists, would someone be so kind as to point me to a list of
>good
>caches in the Sedona area?  I'll be there for a few days in September and
>am
>hoping to have time to do a little caching...
>
>-AZTech

Howdy AZTech,

I am living up here in Sedona for the summer. I have done lots of caches up
here (come to think of it, I have done them all now! HA!). I think EVERY
SINGLE cache I have done in the Sedona area (and I might even say the
virtuals as well) are very quality caches. Most of them are hiking caches of
various lengths. Some very short hikes, others much longer. Others are
almost drive bys.... if you have a high clearance vehicle. Most all of them
are on hiking trails (and not bushwacking stuff). There are a few caches
hidden in town... but none are of the 'urban micro' style that you might
have seen in Phoenix. All are still hidden in very scenic locations right in
town and short walks from parking. Just do a search of zip code 86336 and
take your pick!!!

It would be hard for me to pick a favorite. I have done lots of fun caches
up there. Perhaps I might suggest Boynton Canyon trail for a scenic 6 mile
round trip hike (fairly level... with a tad bit of elevation at the end).
There is a cache on that trail (GCH0RR). There is also a cache on Robbers
Roost. This is a nice drive down a long dirt road to the far back reaches of
the Sedona area (GCCA8E). This cache is on top of the little rock mountain
there near some old caves where robbers used to hide out. Great views and a
really fun scramble up the rock. About a 0.35 mile hike one way. There are
several caches in the same general area of this one that can be had as well.
Bins Keep Forever cache is an oldie, but a goodie. (GC69A0). Bit of a hike,
but if you have a 4x4 vehicle or a Jeep (or you can rent a Jeep in
Sedona!).... you can drive right to this cache... almost. It is on the
Broken Arrow jeep trail. I can go on and on. Just alot of great quality
caches up there!

Scott
Team Ropingthewind