[Az-Geocaching] Looking for a belt clip for the Magellan

AZcachemeister azcachemeister at getnet.com
Tue Dec 6 17:30:05 MST 2005

Hey Bob!
You can have mine! I found the peg while on a cache hunt in Prescott,
and it fits a 'standard' cell phone swivel clip. I have never really
used it 'cause it's a PITA...
Driving along...
           GPS in window-mount cradle with power adapter attached
Park as close as possible to GZ for cache...
           Remove GPS from cradle
           Remove power adapter
           Screw belt-clip stud into GPS
           Clip GPS into belt-clip
Walk around and (maybe!) find the cache...
Return to vehicle...
           Remove GPS from belt-clip
           Unscrew stud from GPS
           Re-attach power adapter
           Return GPS to window-mount cradle
Drive to next cache...

I much prefer a belt pouch for extra-vehicular-activity. It protects the
GPS from damage and (if you get the right one) has a pocket for spare
batteries and/or whatever.

Now RTW will tell you that you could be smart and just get a GARMIN
60C/CS, that comes equipped with such a belt-clip stud, and it doesn't
interfere with the cable connections. Just one of  2,363,036 reasons why
the GARMIN 60C/CS is the best electronic device ever created!

Cache On!
Steve