[Az-Geocaching] orygun connie

connie stahlman cstahlman at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 26 13:19:58 MST 2005

Not sure how long this will be available but there was a
big caching event in Salem Oregon last weekend and here is
the address to it:
http://159.54.226.83/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050821/NEWS/508210332&SearchID=73218341854105
I have also been approched via email by a Ty Young doing a
Geocache article in the East Valley.
I really enjoy reading about how everyone got their geo-
names and what they mean or stand for. We started out as
'orygun jim' and 'orygun connie', two accounts, and as Jim
was less able to cache and  eventually wasn't able to walk
to any caches and I wanted him to feel included so logged
under joint name of 'orygun connie and jim'.   After he
died I changed again to just 'orygun connie'. Now to the
orygun part-I am originally from Salem Oregon, and no one
in Arizona seems to know how to say Oregon correctly. This
was part of our campaign to help Arizonians say it like an
Oregonian. It is pronounced just the way it is
spelled-orygun- OR E Gun.  I am now an Arizona resident but
will still head to the cooler weather of orygun for the
summers------(but I plan to get back in time for the
Halloween event!)
And to my most memorable cache-It had to be 'Around the
Pyramid' GCCA2F where Mrs Wrangler and I found the loaded
Baretta pistol. Second best was getting cache #1000 at the
'ORIGINAL STASH TRIBUTE PLAQUE' GCGV0P here in Oregon
recently.