[Az-Geocaching] off topic question about MP3 players

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 24 16:02:10 MST 2005

>From: "Apryl Clark" <aprylc74 at hotmail.com>
>To: listserv at azgeocaching.com
>Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] off topic question about MP3 players
>Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:29:36 -0700
>

>So we have about 600-700 CD's...Hubby came with them all. I refuse to
>covert to CD's..I still have tapes..no tape deck but that's another issue.
>
>Prior to hubby going to MO for this class he'd bought a MP3 player due to
>his traveling..Japan, California, Germany, etc he wanted to listen to HIS
>music. Then his Bro got shipped to Iraq. So off goes "our" $150 MP3 player.
>Then of course he wanted his own again..and bought another one. The last
>few weeks of him being here before going to the class he spent all of his
>time downloading each and every one of those stinking cd's onto his
>computer. Converted them to MP3 and now has approx 15 DVD's (I think that's
>what it records them on but in mpg format) and now has every one of his
>cd's in that format.
>
>I was the lucky good typer that ended up inputting all the CD names and
>titles onto his computer so he could put the names on each of the CD's.
>
>I'm still trying to find a way to have a portable tape deck into my
>cigarette lighter on the Dodge. At least then when I'm out 4wheeling the
>damn things won't skip.

hehe. I'm still with ya' Apryl! I have a cassette deck in my 1/2 ton truck
as well! I have plenty of old Chris Ledoux tapes to play in it too! :))
There is nothing like driving down a dirt road in my old beat up pickup
truck with a worn out tape of Chris Ledoux playing!!! :))

I must admit though... my 1 ton 4x4 has a CD player in it and I have a few
CD's to go with it. But I still prefer cassettes in the truck as they dont
skip like crazy when I am off roading!!! :)) They dont make stuff like they
used to. CD's may sound better... but in an off road vehicle... I prefer
cassettes!

Scott
Team Ropingthewind