[Az-Geocaching] Wow

Brian Casteel bcasteel at uccinc.net
Mon Aug 22 21:58:28 MST 2005

Exactly.  Many of the caches I want to find are a fair distance away, so my caching slows greatly as a result.  I'm looking at starting to do some backcountry hiking/camping, and both hiding/finding caches along the journey.  There's a place not too far away that I have plans to hide a cache next summer (it's too late now, and the friggin' highway is closed due to mudslide repair), called Hellroaring Plateau.  Like my West Rosebuzz cache, it isn't going to see a high number of visitors, but I know that those who seek it will be out for the experience, and not merely the 19th stop on a 63 cache day.  There are times when I want to go for numbers, but not for the final tally, just to see what I can drive myself to do in x number of hours.  It's a short-term, personal goal thing, if at all.

Jeff is certainly free to express his opinions about things, but I would suggest utilizing quite a bit more tact in doing so.  Such a measure would more than likely keep the fires a little more under control, but isn't likely to keep people from voicing their own opinions.  Here's how I see it.  Blow a gasket like that, and people will respond in kind.  It goes back to that lesson taught to kids very early on.  Show the level of respect that you expect to get in return.  Flame us and someone is likely to burn you back.  Start a dialogue about something that irks you, and in all likelihood, it remains a conversation.

In closing, I would strongly recommend just unplugging for a little while and get a grip on things.  Personal attacks directed at people with whom you disagree with for the sole purpose of taking a cheap shot is extremely immature and is certainly the way to go if you want people to have no respect for you as a person.  It's just not worth the alienation.

Brian
Team A.I.