[Az-Geocaching] Tonto NF Reopened

Team Tierra Buena teamtierrabuena at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 3 20:39:49 MST 2005

I don't recollect who asked a while back, but Tonto National Forest (mostly)
reopened Monday, 8/1: http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/tonto/news/080105a.shtml. The
areas burned by the Cave Creek Complex and Edge fires remain closed. We're
planning to go up this weekend to check out our "Humboldt Mountain" cache.

<soapbox>

Not that we can cache there anyway, but I notice that the McDowell-Sonoran
Preserve remains completely closed. They didn't lose as much as  a palo
verde to fire this year. Or last year, for that matter (except when the
plane hit McDowell Peak). I guess they're waiting for the first foot of snow
to make sure there won't be any fires this year. The Preserve remaining
completely closed is what those commissioners live for. It's more evidence
that they're not interested in preserving anything FOR ANYBODY, they're only
interested in preserving it FROM EVERYBODY.

Except themselves and the land developers.

</soapbox>

Steve

Team Tierra Buena