[Az-Geocaching] Ropingthewind

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 15 17:59:15 MST 2005

Howdy all,

Thanks for the concern! It wasn't me! I was flying up in Sedona that
morning. I just got back into town and didnt have email access while up
there. So just reading my listserv emails now. As Brian/TeamAI mentioned, I
dont own any balloons that big. The biggest I own are 2/3 passenger
balloons. I do exclusive flights for 2 people/couples. Although I do
regularly fly large ride balloons (10+passengers) for other local companies
(as well as having flown for companies in CA, WA, and IL). I do fly Tucson a
good many times each year, but usually I am flying corporate advertising
flights in the city area and not on the outskirts, although I have made that
same flight over the Tucson Mnts/Avra Valley a few times. Speaking of which,
I will be flying in Tucson tomorrow morning down near Reid Park for anyone
who might be out at the MS Walk/run there. Not sure what happened there and
prefer not to dwell into it, but the NTSB will have the report out and final
say in a few months or so (preliminary report is already out).

Here was an article from the Tucson newpaper for anyone wondering what this
thread was all about!

http://www.dailystar.com/dailystar/metro/70348.php

For anyone who has ever considered giving it a try... dont let this scare
you away! It is indeed a very safe sport (as the newpaper mentions in the
headline). Ballooning enjoys a very safe history statistically. Although I
suppose there is some element of risk in any form of recreation activities.
Then again, there is certainly a much greater risk of being injured in a car
accident than climbing aboard a balloon, or any aircraft for that matter.
Then again, there is a decent amount of risk associated with walking down
the sidewalk! Then again, one could just stay inside there house and never
walk outside the door. Then again, you could get injured falling down the
steps or out of the bathtub in your home too!!!

Anyways, that is the scoop! I appreciate yall being concerned!

Oh and to keep this post geocaching related... :)....

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=df09089c-faa8-4c50-aca7-307ab8767fec

Read the first find log! :)

Scott
Team Ropingthewind