[Az-Geocaching] Fun with Google Maps

Ted Louis Glenn tlglenn at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 11:51:33 MST 2005

On Apr 7, 2005 11:35 AM, ShadoeCache <geocache at customsoftwareconsult.com> wrote:
> 1)     Go to a close-up of the Capital Building in Washington, DC.  Notice
> anything unusual about it (compared to the surrounding area).

It appears that for, "Security reasons" certain places will not appear
with the same amount of detail as surrounding areas.

> 4)     Cloud cover obliterates Mount Rushmore while you can clearly see all
> the roads and parking areas next to it.

Team America must've been conducting exercises at that time ;)

> 6)     How close can you zero in on "Area 51" in Nevada?

"I'm sorry, but we don't have imagery at this zoom level for this region.
Try zooming out for a broader look."

I think Google's satellite maps are going to be only as good as
the source of the maps wishes them to be.
--
Ted Louis Glenn (tlglenn AT mindspring.com)
Tucson, Arizona, United States