[Az-Geocaching] Claiming a find when you can't..

EvilFISH EvilFish at cox.net
Tue Nov 30 19:27:37 MST 2004

Well we made the drive to where our Trusty GPS said and did some searching,
couldn't find anything that fit the clue, made a call to the AZGEOCACHING
hot line, even knocked on the door..
found a White peice of Velcro but no cache So with the advice from the help
line proceeded to empty the cache mobile's glove box of a new log sheet and
green cache container with white velco signed log and replaced...
well truth be known after a email from the owner will leave the fake
container until we can again search for the real one...

[last edit: 7/3/2003 9:45:13 PM PST]

Well what a difference a day makes!!!!

left the fake container 10am

what changed??? there was vehicle in the driveway without spiderwebs and NO
ICE CREAM truck driving around distractin us from the in plain site cache

[last edit: 7/4/2003 11:44:00 AM PST]

now the best part

      This just goes to show you no good deed goes un punished, the log
sheet for this cache and I guess container was left a another cache that we
couldn't find due to Ice Cream truck distraction, see is any one home. That
is how the log sheet in a new cache just happend to contain a signature of
Team Evil Fish and not a internet log TEF will
      loctate this cache and log a real find and even sign the logsheet
again :)..
      As stated we at Team Evil Fish made the 510 foot walk to this cache at
11am July 18th as for no other reason than to avoid the AZGeocaching hot
line advice considering the history of this now disguised contianer, the GPS
took a spell to settle down and give us a better reason to avoid bushlifting
crossed of the first signature and signed on the next line.

      Thanks for the cache.

      [last edit: 7/19/2003 9:42:10 AM PST]
      [view/edit logs/images on a separate page]
      [upload an image for this log]

       July 15, 2003 by bmay (48 found)
      Sorry for the late posting, but I believe I may have been the actual
first finder. The log had Team Evil Fish on the second line, but no other
names so I signed right below them. What ever happened to them, anyway?
Haven't seen them around much...
      Anyway, thanks Graldrich for the hide and the find and all that great
stuff.
      [view this log on a separate page]
       July 13, 2003 by AzCelts (473 found)
      After reading cache description, I decided the part that stated the
hardest part is finding how to get to it didn't apply to me; after all I can
read a map, know the difference between magnetic and true, and can even
follow a small arrow in heavy traffic. A loop and a half around the
neighborhood and I was slightly, slightly humbled. Signed in and made no
trades.
      Thanks for a fun series of caches.

      [view this log on a separate page]
       July 12, 2003 by TeamBlunder (820 found)
      Wasn't too hard to find a way into or find the cache.
      Thanks for another fun cache.

      TeamBlunder
      Joe, Laura, Brad, & Erik
      [view this log on a separate page]

       July 12, 2003 by RandMan (503 found)
      This is a familiar area. I built and repaired swimming pools around
this area for over twenty years. One of the companies I worked for in the
80's had an office about 500 ft from this cache.
      I located the cache and signed the log at 8:10 this morning. Thanks
graldrich for the cache.

      Rand (RandMan)
      Find #323
      [view this log on a separate page]

       July 11, 2003 by Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking (354 found)

      Okay so for a couple of days we weren't sure if we were the first to
find. However we have since confirmed that the log sheet is recycled from
another cache and yes indeed we can claim first-to-find honors! Yipee,
Yahoo!

      Gale stayed in the truck with the little geo-dog while Mike tracked
this one down. He got caught red-handed by a friendly neighbor. Mike, who by
natural appearances is the kind of shady looking character you don't want to
meet in isolated dark areas, immediately dropped the cover story and
explained geocaching. The neighbor thought it was fun. While Mike signed the
log, the old man walked up to my truck. Of course I stuck with the cover
story *lie*. The old man was laughing at me and I never caught on. This was
a fun cache for me in a familiar neighborhood (in my teen years).

      By now, I'm sure, all the neighbors know about the cache. I think
geocachers will amuse them.

      [last edit: 7/14/2003 8:42:31 PM PST]