[Az-Geocaching] Magnets

scott at myblueheaven.com scott at myblueheaven.com
Sat Nov 13 16:59:53 MST 2004

> One thing we couldn't help but notice... in many of the caches, there is
> an
> incredibly good magnet.  It appears to have come out of something, as it
> usually has a section that seems like it was ripped from something...
> they
> were about 3" x 1/2" and sorta kidney-bean shaped... Anyone have any idea
> how I might be able to obtain one on these gems?

You probably have your answer already, but just do a search for "rare
earth magnets" and you will find out about them.  They are used in many
things, like computer hard drives, which is where the kidney shaped ones
typically come from.  You can find any different shapes.  If you use ebay,
you can get some great deals there.