[Az-Geocaching] Magellan satelite problems

Roping The Wind listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 07 Nov 2004 09:44:58 -0800

>From: BBUDCAM@aol.com
>To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
>Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Magellan satelite problems
>Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 18:07:47 -0500
>
>my sporttrac pro is not receiving any satellite data (at least not
>displaying any).
>I looked up on the website and it suggested deleting all the way points and
>re-initailizing. I did this and it still is not displaying even a single
>bar.
>any suggestions?
>
>CAmeron

Hey Bud,

Follow these steps and you will be on your way to better satellite karma in
no time!

Step one.... properly dispose of your Magellan model at one of the many
hazardous waste dump off sites that your city sponsors each month.

2. hop in your car and head on down to your nearest sporting goods store
that sells GPS's or for better prices, get on the internet and check out
GPSNOW.com.

3. pick out any Garmin GPS unit... I, as well as some others on this list,
will highly recommend the Garmin GPSMAP 60C or CS. But, any Garmin unit will
do if you are on a budget.

4. Purchase it!

5. Walla! Excellent satellite karma and you are off geocaching again! :)

LOL

Scott
Team RTW