[Az-Geocaching] Picacho Park entrance fees

RopingThe Wind listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 11:45:17 -0800

>From: Ken Akerman <ken@highpointer.com>
>To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
>Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Picacho Park entrance fees
>Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 09:41:10 -0800 (PST)
>
>Current park fee is $6.00 per vehicle.  However, if you walk or ride a
>bicycle into the park, then
>the fee is $1.00.
>
>If you want to save money, you can park outside the park entrance (far
>enough away so you won't
>get a ticket) and walk or ride a bicycle into the park. Or, several
>geocaching teams can ride
>together in one vehicle, and you can split the entrance fee multiple ways.
>
>For RopingTheWind, I don't know what the fee is for arrival in the park via
>ballon landing.
>
>Ken (a.k.a. Highpointer)

:) Unfortunately, AZ state parks dont allow 'aircraft' to land within state
park boundaries. This is my understanding anyways and I havent 'tested' it
to find out if that is the case or not!

Not to sound like a cheapo or anything, but I think paying a fee to enter a
state park (or any piece of public land) in AZ is a bunch of crap. I can see
the fees to enter a state park, since the money is used to help keep the
park maintained and building exhibits and all and staffing the place. But,
normally my thinking is that there are a zillion even more beautiful places
around Arizona that I can see for free (until the government finds a way to
charge us that is!).

I wouldn't have a problem paying the $6 to enter PPSP. However, I got rather
sick on Saturday afternoon and had booking's on Saturday, Sunday, Monday and
Tuesday mornings. So, I needed to just stay home and relax. I was really
looking forward to the event cache. I have always wanted to hike to the top
of Picacho Peak and now with a geocache on top, it seems even more inviting.
There is also another cache in the park that sounds like a nice hike. I
never get sick! But, this past weekend I did! :(

Scott
Team Ropingthewind

Create a Job Alert on MSN Careers and enter for a chance to win $1000!
http://msn.careerbuilder.com/promo/kaday.htm?siteid=CBMSN_1K&sc_extcmp=JS_JASweep_MSNHotm2