[Az-Geocaching] How can I connect a PDA to a laptop?

Ken Akerman listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 21:04:00 -0800 (PST)

Geocachers,

I got a Palm Vx for $79.99 plus tax at Fry's Electronics today.  I am connecting it to my laptop
computer via a USB/Serial Portable Adapter.  This adapter connects with my Garmin Vista and I am
able to download waypoints from my laptop to my GPS using this connector.  However, I am unable to
connect my new PDA to my laptop using this connection.  Here is the message I get on the PDA:

X The connection between your handheld computer and the desktop could not be established.  Please
check your setup and try again.

Can anyone provide me with information on how I can connect my PDA to my laptop computer?

Ken Akerman (a.k.a. Highpointer)