[Az-Geocaching] Picacho Peak event cache reminder, PDA recommendations, and Team C.H.U.M.P

Trisha listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 11:31:01 -0700 (MST)

Ken, you still need to change that dat re: CHUMP!
Trisha

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 23:15:13 -0800 (PST), Ken Akerman wrote:

Geocachers,

This is a reminder that on Sunday, March 14, I will be hosting an
event cache at Picacho Peak State Park, located between Phoenix and
Tucson just off I-10.  (At least one geocacher I know thought that it
was Saturday - it is not Saturday, but on Sunday).  Hikers will meet
at the trailhead at 9:00 am to begin a hike to the summit, and
following the hike, we will meet at Cholla Ramada for an afternoon
potluck and barbecue.   During the afternoon picnic, I will award a 30
cal. ammo can to someone that the winning geocacher can place as a new
cache in a non-urban area, so please bring items to stock this cache.

Read the details for this event cache here.

I have two other questions:

1) What is a good, inexpensive PDA for geocaching?  I know at least
two geocachers who use a Palm m130, so this is one that I considering
getting.  However, a worker at one store that sells PDA's told me that
Palm no longer produces the m130.  I went to the Palm website, and I
found that the Palm m130 is listed among Palm PDA's that are no longer
in production.  (I did find Palm m130's available for sale on eBay).
2) I see that one Arizona's leading geocachers, Team C.H.U.M.P., has
not found a cache since July 21, 2004.  Does anyone know what has
happened to Rob and the other members of Team C.H.U.M.P.?
Ken Akerman (a.k.a. Highpointer)