[Az-Geocaching] Speaking of TB's....

Ken Akerman listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 11:35:08 -0800 (PST)

RopingTheWind wrote:

"If someone can get it to San Diego or Los Angeles... it might have a good shot at being taken
'across the pond' to Hawaii. There are also 2 other TB's in the cache  as well!"

Is there a bridge from California to Hawaii that one can drive on to get to Hawaii?  I was
thinking of driving west from Arizona until I get to Hawaii.

If a travel bug's goal is to get to Hawaii, it's not really significantly closer to its goal if it
is in California than if it is in some other state.  Getting to Hawaii from California still
requires 2,000+ miles of air travel.  A California geocacher of modest income is not likely to be
going to Hawaii on a typical two-day weekend.

If a travel bug's goal is to get to Hawaii, then it would be best for it to be close to a major
airport that offers direct flights to Hawaii.  You could fly to Hawaii from Sky Harbor, so it may
be better to ask if there are any Arizona geocachers who are traveling to Hawaii soon.

Ken (a.k.a. Highpointer)