[Az-Geocaching] JEEP Essay Contest - continued

Trisha listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 21:06:02 -0700 (MST)

Oh, PS....this is NOT based upon a TRUE story...(yeah...um....right)

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 15:29:46 -0700 (PDT), Gale wrote:

Good one. Remind us again on 8/1........the desert heat kills my
memory.Trisha <trisha@brasher.com> wrote:
Well, in case you couldn't find it in all that
Jeep/Geocaching/TBstuff....here it is...if you like it, be sure to
nominate me after 8/1!The criteria is supposed to be:30% applicable to
geocaching experience40% creativity30% suitable for advertising and
promotional purposes (for JEEP!)jeep.geocaching.comSubmitted 6/29/04
for Jeep TB #0053 by Lightning1996YCJPHere is the essay:OK, honey, got
it? West... 112... 28, yup, that's it. Tell them wehave water but
we're stuck. Love you! - um, yes, we DID find thecache...". As my cell
faded, I added, "and the JEEP TB," holding it upas I returned down
towards my hopelessly stuck Toyota and mygeocaching partner, Ron, who
was anxious for good news."You reach anyone?""Yes, don't worry. My
wife will send help."Getting dark, I peered up the boulder-s!
trewn,
 deeply rutted "road"that we had somehow tumbled down. I had heard
that this mountainousbackcountry south of Prescott, Arizona, was
rugged. It IS! What Ithought was a short cut to that cache....oh well!
The Yellow Jeep TBwas worth the effort!At sunrise, I heard the drone
of an airplane. We waved as he madeseveral passes, confirming our GPS
coordinates. Now we felt assuredthe ground searchers would locate
us....yeah, over that road? Imused....why not send a chopper?Soon I
heard vehicles chewing up the rocks and ruts. Four-wheel driveheaded
our way! I secretly hoped that they'd get stuck, too, then Iwouldn't
feel like such an idiot! However, we were quickly greeted byfour
Sheriff's search and rescue volunteers in two vehicles, and Icould see
two additional Jeeps up the hill."Wow, are we glad to see you!" Ron
cried out."We hear that alot. Glad you are OK. Grab your personal gear
and loadup. You can wo!
rry
 about your Four-Runner later."We each climbed into the back of a JEEP
- an older, rugged CJ-7 and anewer, fully-equipped Wrangler - for the
ride out."I was worried you guys couldn't get to us," I shouted
forward.My rescuer smiled back, "That's why we're called the JEEP
Posse!"____________________________________________________________Az-Geocaching mailing list listserv@azgeocaching.comTo edit your setting,
subscribe or unsubscribe
visit:http://listserv.azgeocaching.com/mailman/listinfo/az-geocachingArizona's Geocaching Resourcehttp://www.azgeocaching.com

Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes  On one
everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:"Something hidden.
Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --  "Something lost
behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling ,   The Explorer  1898
		Do you Yahoo!?