[Az-Geocaching] Cleanin' up the Salt.....

RopingThe Wind listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 07 Jun 2004 07:40:33 -0700

I happened to notice this news article on the front page of my cableaz.com
homepage. It is actually posted at azcentral.com

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/0607cashriver07.html

I thought about it since I remember doing a cache down in there a year ago.
Wazowski's Porthole via Intel Inside (GCBE7F).  I dont ever remember seeing
any private property signs posted the way I drove into it. But, anyways... I
guess it is. They are apparently coming down pretty hard on tresspassers in
that area along the Salt River from 18th St to 83rd Ave area or so.

The part of the article that leaves a question mark in my mind is when the
Police was quoted as saying that a landowner had the right to 'arrest'
someone for trespassing on their property. Really? Doesnt the person that is
trespassing have to be fairly warned first? First off.. there has to be no
trespassing signs or private property signs cleary posted around the
property. Otherwise, the person is not 'knowingly' trespassing. If there are
no signs... then after a reasonable request by the landowner to leave, the
person must leave. If not.. then they are trespassing. That is the way I
understand it anyways. So, I guess.. after that point in time.. the
landowner could make an 'arrest'. ????  hhmmm. Interesting.

Anyways, thought I would share this article with yall.

Scott
Team Ropingthewind

Getting married? Find great tips, tools and the latest trends at MSN Life
Events. http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=married