[Az-Geocaching] High TB finds vs. High other kind of finds?

SquishyGecko listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 13:55:46 -0700

Although I see your point, there are a couple of things to keep in mind:

Most travelbugs, not all but most, have a specific goal.  In my personal
opinion, unless you're in a position to assist the bug in achieving it's
goal, you should leave it for someone who can.  Every now and then I run
across a TB in an exposed cache, or notice that the cache hasn't been
visited for quite some time, and I'll move that TB to a more secure or more
active location.

In recent experience with one of my own TBs, it was removed from a large,
secure cache and relocated to a very exposed urban micro in a public park.
Not only was the person who moved the TB unable to assist the bug in
reaching the goal, but that person put my bug at risk by relocating it to
such an exposed cache.

If the bugs don't have a specific goal, more power to you.  Take 'em, log
'em, and have fun.  But if they have a specific goal that you're unable to
help with, leave 'em alone unless they're in a bad location.

Just my two cents ... which could have been spent on gas. :-)

---