[Az-Geocaching] Big Sky

Brian - Team A.I. listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 2 Jun 2004 10:39:05 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0089_01C4488D.D3CA5DE0

See?  This is what I mean.  You find out so much about people at times =
like this, like the fact that you are from Billings.  There is also law =
enforcement blood in your family, as there is in mine.  My wife gets all =
misty-eyed when she talks about going up to Red Lodge skiing (her =
version was exclusively snow plow), trips to see 'Story Grandma' in =
Story, WY, visiting the fish hatchery nearby and the camping trips =
around the area, especially the trips to the Wehaus (the cabin on the =
Stillwater).  My in-laws have lived up there before, and moved back in =
2001.  To this day, neither of them has visited Glacier National Park, =
something I think we'll all be doing as a group pretty soon.  Within the =
first couple weeks (post-Jeep mod), we're taking a road trip to West =
Yellowstone (8 caches to be had on the eastern fringe!), a country I =
haven't been to in probably 15 years.

Don't worry, I won't be putting those clothes away, although I didn't =
break out jeans until we went on a daytrip to drive the Beartooth =
Highway.  It was chilly up there, and the eastern face of the West =
Summit still had several feet of snow (it's the place the US ski team =
trains for extreme terrain, and a place for extreme skiing =
competitions).  But the views were spectactular.  3,000+ foot canyons =
all around, and to the south a huge lava bed.  There's so much to =
explore I hope it never gets old (although it will get COLD).

Brian
Team A.I.

  ----- Original Message -----=20