[Az-Geocaching] Cache Adoption

Joe Brekke listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 31 May 2004 21:31:32 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_00B5_01C44756.A4B06640

Hi Folks,

I have accepted a Manufacturing Operations Manager position with a =
company in Forest Grove, Oregon, (Portland area) and will therefore soon =
be relocating there with my family.  I will be leaving June 14th and =
will only return once or twice to sell the house, etc. and then deal =
with the movers and get the family, dog, & cat on a plane to Oregon.

I would like to keep as many of our caches here active as possible, =
however to do that, someone will have to adopt them.

The caches I would like to see adopted are:

Cactus Point Vista                        GC7D1D
Crismon Tide                                GC80A4 (now that the hot =
weather is here, I can replace this one).
Dance School Joke Stash              GC446C
Fall Nymph #1                              GC9864
Fall Nymph #2                              GC9B6A
Fall Nymph #3                              GCGZ6Q
Rescue Me's Hilly Hideout             GC35C6
Rocket Men and Machines Cache  GCB95F       =20

If anyone would kindly like to adopt these caches, please let me know.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who has hidden the caches that =
we have found and contributed to the Guy's Family time that my boys and =
I have experienced while Geocaching.  Most of the caches that we have =
done together were done while my wife, (who works most Friday nights as =
a Labor and Delivery nurse) gets her rest on a Saturday.  It's provided =
a real bond for my boys and I and also mercifully removed us from the =
house Saturdays so that my wife could get some much needed rest.  She =
works 2 - 12 hour nights a week, and she works Friday nights so that our =
younger boys are only in daycare once per week.

Caching has taken us to places we had no idea existed, and given us time =
to enjoy all the playground equipment on hundreds of parks and green =
areas in the Valley.  Just try to get through a microcache in a park =
with playground equipment and try to get my toddler out of there without =
some playtime.  Factor in diaper changes, getting them something to eat, =
bathroom breaks, pure meltdowns, getting out the baby backpack, loading =
Erik into it, forgetting sunscreen, unloading, applying, catching, =
Trying to keep my toddler from taking every car he ever saw in a cache, =
trying to sign log while trying to catch him, loading up for return =
trip, halfway down realizing I still have the pen from the cache, hiking =
back up, going back, getting tired after a long day so dumping the extra =
water that I always carry for the hikes, dealing with 12 y.o. sarcasm as =
we hike back DOWN the hill - I can beat him up with the backpack most =
times, however years of playing football and wrestling have made it so =
any decent just KILLS my knees so he can beat me down,  getting back to =
car, getting backpack off back, getting toddler in safety seat, cussing =
because I can't fasten it, putting backpack in back of car, leaving GPS =
on the back bumper and driving off, returning 5 minutes later stunned =
that it is still there, driving home while all kids are asleep and =
looking in the rearview mirror and realize how much I love to spend this =
time with them...Marathon caching has never been an option for us...nor =
would we ever want it to be.

So, in closing I can truthfully say that Arizona Geocaching has been an =
adventure for us, especially with an event that occurred that we never =
thought we would find.  So again, we thank you all.  Good luck to all of =
you and have fun out there caching.  We're looking forward to finding =
out how they do things in Oregon.

Again, if anyone would like to adopt one of the above caches, please let =
me know.

Joe Brekke
TeamBlunder
------=_NextPart_000_00B5_01C44756.A4B06640

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi Folks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have accepted a Manufacturing =
Operations Manager=20
position with a company in Forest Grove, Oregon, (Portland area) and =
will=20
therefore soon be relocating there with my family.&nbsp; I will be =
leaving June=20
14th and will only return once or twice to sell the house, etc. and then =
deal=20
with the movers and get the family, dog, &amp; cat on a plane to=20
Oregon.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I would like to keep as many =
of&nbsp;our caches=20
here active as possible, however to do that, someone will have to adopt=20
them.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The caches I would like to see adopted=20
are:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Cactus Point Vista&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; GC7D1D</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Crismon Tide&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; GC80A4 (now that the hot weather =
is here,=20
I can replace this one).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dance School Joke=20
Stash&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;GC446C</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Fall Nymph=20
#1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;GC9864</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Fall Nymph=20
#2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;GC9B6A</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Fall Nymph=20
#3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;GCGZ6Q</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Rescue Me's Hilly=20
Hideout&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;GC35C6</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Rocket Men and Machines=20
Cache&nbsp;&nbsp;GCB95F&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</=
FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If anyone would kindly like to adopt =
these caches,=20
please let me know.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I just want to say thank you to =
everyone who has=20
hidden the caches that we have found and contributed&nbsp;to =
the&nbsp;Guy's=20
Family time that my boys and I have experienced while Geocaching.&nbsp; =
Most of=20
the caches that we have done together were done while my wife, (who =
works most=20
Friday nights as a Labor and Delivery nurse) gets her rest on a =
Saturday.&nbsp;=20
It's provided a real bond for my boys and I and also =
mercifully&nbsp;removed=20
us&nbsp;from the&nbsp;house Saturdays so that my wife could get some =
much needed=20
rest.&nbsp; She works 2 - 12 hour nights a week, and she works Friday =
nights so=20
that our younger&nbsp;boys are only in daycare once per =
week.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Caching has taken us to places we had =
no idea=20
existed, and given us time to enjoy all the playground equipment on =
hundreds of=20
parks and green areas in the Valley.&nbsp; Just try to get through a =
microcache=20
in a park with playground equipment and try to get my toddler out of =
there=20
without some playtime.&nbsp; Factor in diaper changes, getting them =
something to=20
eat, bathroom breaks, pure meltdowns, getting out the baby backpack, =
Erik into it, forgetting sunscreen, unloading, applying, catching, =
forgot GPS in SUV, hiking to cache, , unloading him, Trying to keep my =
toddler=20
from taking every car he ever saw in a cache, trying to sign log while =
trying to=20
catch him, loading up for return trip, halfway down realizing I still =
have the=20
pen from the cache, hiking back up, going back, getting tired after a =
long day=20
so dumping the extra water that I always carry for the hikes, dealing =
with 12=20
y.o. sarcasm as we hike back DOWN the hill - I can beat him up with the =
backpack=20
most times, however years of playing football and wrestling have made it =
so any=20
decent just KILLS my knees so he can beat me down,&nbsp; getting back to =
car,=20
getting backpack off back, getting toddler in safety seat, cussing =
because I=20
can't fasten it, putting backpack in back of car, leaving GPS on the =
back bumper=20
and driving off, returning 5 minutes later stunned that it is still =
there,=20
driving home while all kids are asleep and looking in the rearview =
mirror and=20
realize how much I love to spend this time with them...Marathon caching =
has=20
never been an option for us...nor would we ever want it to =
be.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>So, in closing I can truthfully say =
that Arizona=20
Geocaching has been an adventure for us, especially with an event that =
occurred=20
that we never thought we would find.&nbsp; So again, we thank you =
all.&nbsp;=20
Good luck to all of you and have fun out there caching.&nbsp; We're =
looking=20
forward to finding out how they do things in Oregon.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Again, if anyone would like to adopt =
one of the=20
above caches, please let me know.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Joe Brekke</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>TeamBlunder</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00B5_01C44756.A4B06640--