[Az-Geocaching] RE: Explanation and apology

David Thompsen listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 31 May 2004 20:25:39 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1232995301-1086060339=:31704

If I've come off a little strong on some of my comments, I'm sorry.  I've actually held back a bit.  I've never dropped profanity, just called it like it was.

But isn't it strange that all of the animosity seems to be focused in just one direction?

I wonder why.

Bill <bill@freeholder.com> wrote:
I'm have been watching this episode as an outside observer, since I don't
know any of the people involved, and I wasn't one of the ones called for the
"business" deal. As an uninvolved person, I feel compelled to make an
observation about this list.

This group can be very hostile in general, and this incident, which would
have gone virtually unnoticed on the other lists I subscribe to, is a
perfect example. I am a member of a VW Vanagon mailing list with 1600
members, and this list, with far fewer members, still seems to generate more
flames and email wars in a month than the Vanagon list does in a year.

Certainly there is a high level of "cliqueishness" to be found here, but
that doesn't begin to explain the level of hate I see transmitted back and
forth. What is up with you guys?

Bill in Willcox (and glad to be out of the line of fire)

--0-1232995301-1086060339=:31704

<DIV>If I've come off a little strong on some of my comments, I'm sorry.&nbsp; I've actually held back a bit.&nbsp; I've never dropped profanity, just called it like it was.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>But isn't it strange that all of the animosity seems to be focused in just one direction? </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I wonder why.<BR><BR><B><I>Bill &lt;bill@freeholder.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">I'm have been watching this episode as an outside observer, since I don't<BR>know any of the people involved, and I wasn't one of the ones called for the<BR>"business" deal. As an uninvolved person, I feel compelled to make an<BR>observation about this list.<BR><BR>This group can be very hostile in general, and this incident, which would<BR>have gone virtually unnoticed on the other lists I subscribe to, is a<BR>perfect example. I am a member of a VW Vanagon mailing list with 1600<BR>members, and this list, with far fewer members, still seems to generate more<BR>flames and email wars in a month than the Vanagon list does in a year.<BR><BR>Certainly there is a high level of "cliqueishness" to be found here, but<BR>that doesn't begin to explain the level of hate I see transmitted back and<BR>forth. What is up with you guys?<BR><BR>Bill in Willcox (and glad to be out of the line of
 fire)<BR><BR>____________________________________________________________<BR>Az-Geocaching mailing list listserv@azgeocaching.com<BR>To edit your setting, subscribe or unsubscribe visit:<BR>http://listserv.azgeocaching.com/mailman/listinfo/az-geocaching<BR><BR>Arizona's Geocaching Resource<BR>http://www.azgeocaching.com</BLOCKQUOTE><p>
--0-1232995301-1086060339=:31704--