[Az-Geocaching] Explanation and apology

Trisha listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 31 May 2004 19:19:52 -0700 (MST)

My 2 cents, which probably isn't even worth that! :-)  :

I agree with Brian. Business should be with the consent of everyone
involved. Period.

However, I also appreciate Highpointer's attempts to explain and
apologize for what was done, (even if some people still have issues
with what he has said and done in the past.) I also think that
negative and disrespectful comments on a public list serve or on the
public cache log pages are not appropriate and are downright mean, no
matter how mad or slighted one might feel. It really shows someone's
character (bad character) to flame or slam someone, no matter what the
circumstances, but that works BOTH ways.

At some point, someone has to just let it go and decide not to lower
themselves to that kind of behavior. Including Ken and his sometimes
"obsessive" behavior in regards to caches, TB's etc (but hey, aren't
we all somewhat obsessed to some extent about this "game"??) Maybe we
should ALL lighten up and let it all drop, in the interests of taking
the "high-road". What does continuing all the negativity accomplish
but continuing to make people on "both sides" feel badly?

Again, this does not excuse inappropriate behavior by Ken related to
the phone call thing, (or anyone else for anything else) but he has
apologized. And hopefully learned a valuable lesson. Now, each person
can decide to accept that apology and move on, or hold a grudge and
continue to be mean. Really, everyone, don't you think that purposely
slamming someone and calling them names and making fun of them is just
as bad or worse than what Ken has done?

I bet I'll get a backlash from saying what I just said, but I don't
mind. If someone wants to continue to be mean and a "right fighter"
instead of being forgiving and understanding, than that also shows
what kind of person they are.

Some may say that I don't know what I am talking about because I have
not been on the receiving end of what some may call Ken's
"inappropriate" behavior, but that is not true. On more than one
occasion, he has questioned me, or subtley criticized me (without
realizing it....meaning, he didn't do it on purpose) on something
related to geocaching. I usually ignore it as it really isn't worth
getting so upset about. But when I did feel slighted recently, I
gently confronted him privately and he responded very appropriately.

And, altho' I didn't get a "telemarketer" call generated from Ken's
'List", I DID get a call from Ken at 12:40 AM (after midnight) early
this morning! He apologized and I forgave him. No grudges.

Please be kind to one another,

Trisha "Lightning"
Prescott