[Az-Geocaching] Re: Team Rankings

Trisha listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 13:50:18 -0700 (MST)

I agree with Robert.

Scott, and others, if you don't like locationless caches, that is your
preference and that is perfectly fine. But to go one step farther and
say "it ain't geocaching" isn't true (it is your opinion) and it kinda
slams those of us who enjoy doing some of the variety type caches.

One of the appeals of this hobby is the variety and the fact that
there literally is something for everyone. For those who can hike
distances, go for it. For those of us who can't, we still enjoy the
"easy" urbans, the relatively easier wilderness caches, the virtuals
and the locationless. I had a blast recently with a "locationless"
cache called Quints....had to locate coords that had 5 numbers in a
row for both lat and long (for example: 34 deg 33.333  112 deg 33.333)
then go there, if possible, and take pictures. It was alot of fun! It
was not a traditional geocache, but geocaching.com allows for that by
listing the finds and caches by the different type.

It's all geocaching, just a different variety.

Trisha "Lightning"
Prescott