[Az-Geocaching] Team Rankings

Rob Brinkerhoff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 23:25:48 -0700

RTW wrote:
> I believe a team can stay around town and eventually rack
up a few hundred
> caches in no time at all, but in the end, they will run
out of caches to
> find and will then have to head out of town for some of
the more difficult
> ones. Yea, new ones are popping up in urban areas every
other day. But,
> again.. the top teams will go out and do some wilderness
caches, then get
> the new urban ones and go right back out and do more
hiking/wilderness
> caches when there arent any more in the urban areas to do.
While the other
> guy is still just doing the urban caches and then sitting
around for another
> urban cache to pop up to go get.

Scott, you bring up a great point! One thing to note about
the top teams is that they all have a high D+T average.
Which shows how well rounded they are and why they are able
to stay on top. An interesting plot would be a teams D+T
average over time or D+T average versus number of caches
found per month or week.

-Rob (Wily Javelina)