[Az-Geocaching] RE: Problems with Mapsource datafile

Rob Brinkerhoff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:58:46 -0700

Yes, I use the Garmin Mapsource w/types file. As a matter of
fact, they are the only data set that I will load into my
GPSr. I never use *.loc files, YUK! The first thing I do is
delete the "skull and crossbones" waypoints next I'll delete
the "danger area" waypoints. Anyhow, as of late, I have not
been paying too much attention to the subtleties of the
content of these data. Sorting by "Description" in Mapsource
I verified Dan's observations. Furthermore, as I've
mentioned in a previous thread, the following caches do not
show up in the Mapsource file:

Snow-Lightning Storm Cache (GCF9F7 )
Casey's Treasure 003 (GCH5DW)

One interesting piece of information is that "out-of-state"
cachers hid both of these caches.

Don't get me wrong. I am not complaining. I will continue to
use the Mapsource files that I download from
azgeocaching.com because it is by far my favorite resource
for geocaching, bar none!

I will pay more attention to the files, only to help debug.

-Rob (Wily Javelina)