[RE: [Az-Geocaching] Used Garmin Extrex Legend/Vista?]

RopingThe Wind listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:46:44 -0800

>From: Mark Heitowit <mheitowit@usa.net>
>To: <listserv@azgeocaching.com>
>Subject: Re: [RE: [Az-Geocaching] Used Garmin Extrex Legend/Vista?]
>Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 13:07:23 -0700
>
>Try calling Bronco One Electronics. They are at 16236 N 32 St.
>602-992-2016.
>
>Mark

I called Bronco One. I get the same thing the last time I called them about
Garmin GPS's 2 years ago... we highly recommend the Emap. Emap. Emap. Emap.
Dude, Garmin does sell other GPS's you know! When I told them I wanted the
Legend or Vista.. it was just Emap. Emap. Emap.

I called them earlier today and they told me they had the Emap. $188.00.
That is a decent price. They tell me that they sell more of them than
anything else. By far. It is the best. Well, the Emap, according to Garmin's
web site, has been discontinued. So, dont really want to buy one of those.
Also, the Emap isnt waterproof. It does have a much larger map screen than
the Legend/Vista. Also, it has 120mb of storage! It doesnt have any internal
storage, but you can add an expansion card to give it 120mb. So, that isnt
too bad. But, if it has been discontinued... I dont want it as it may not be
servicable after a given time. ????

I have been calling all over for the Legend and Vista.. everywhere I call is
out of them! A few stores sell the Legend for $199. Can buy it cheaper
online. Some stores sell the Vista for as low as $249. However, no one I
talked to that had it for that price had any in stock. Cant see paying $200
for a Legend when I can get a Vista for $50 more! So, I am calling around
looking for a Vista/legend. :)  LOL

I did find out that Garmin charges $99 flat fee to totally overhaul my
Legend. That includes 2 day air shipping. So, that is probably the route I
might go. But, if I could find a Vista in stock for $249, I would probably
buy it.

Scott
Team RTW

http://wine.msn.com/