[Az-Geocaching] Used Garmin Extrex Legend/Vista?

RopingThe Wind listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:39:15 -0800

Howdy,

Wondering if anyone has a used Legend or Vista that they would like to sell.
My Legend has taken many a beating in the past two years and has never
failed me... not once. However, when a 650lb hot air balloon basket lays on
it, then there might be a problem! :) Actually, there are no knicks, scuffs,
scufs or anything to indicate the GPS would have been dropped or whatever..
but, when I picked it up it didnt turn out. Must have knocked something
loose in it.

At any rate, I am in need of a GPS for a balloon flight in Tucson tomorrow
morning. Also, hope to get a couple of caches while down there on the way
home.

My GPS can be turned in to Garmin to be repaired, but that is a lengthy
process and obviously will not have it back by tomorrow! I have two
Magellan's (300 and Blazer12) sitting here, one works and one does not. The
one that does work takes half a day to acquire sats and even at that will
not hold them. They are also not very useful as they dont have mapping and
it is also simply very out of date (no WAAS). I plan to turn them both in to
Magellan to trade up to a Magellan Sportrak Pro and then perhaps sell it on
Ebay. Magellan has reconditioned units. Some are priced nicely (I like
Garmin and all my software is Garmin compatible anyways). I wish I had done
this two weeks ago! I would have a backup right now!

Anyways, if anyone has a Legend or Vista laying around they would like to
sell at a used price, I would certainly be interested!

Thanks!

Scott
Team Ropingthewind

Find high-speed ‘net deals — comparison-shop your local providers here.
https://broadband.msn.com