[Az-Geocaching] Humboldt Fire

Roping The Wind listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 22 Aug 2004 12:37:15 -0700

>Not only did the cache survive, it still contains, from two years ago, a
>yellow brochure for some hot-air ballooning company. I wonder why no
>one's ever traded for it?
><grin, duck, and run>
>Steve
>Team Tierra Buena

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! LOLOLOLOLOL  Wow. Now that brings back some memories! :)  I
am suprised team Puffer Bill hasnt gone up there and torn that thing to
shreds by now! ;)  Damn commercial clutter!  LOL :)  I am suprised those are
still floating around out there. I ought to put a bounty on them! :)

Speaking of the Humbolt Cache.. That cache still stands out in my mind as
one of my most favorite cache outings. Did several that day in the area.
But, didnt get as many as I wanted to.... since most of my time was spent up
in the Fire tower chatting with the ranger on duty there. I cant remember
his name, but I might have mentioned it in my log. He was watching me at the
cache that day. He knew all about it and thought it was kinda cool. He had
put a log in the cache logbook inviting us up to the tower after finding the
cache! So, I took him up on the offer and drove the rest of the way up the
hill to check out the view from there. We chatted awhile and he showed me
all around the tower and the instruments and such. Looks like a fun job! At
the time, there were some weak thunderstorms in the area and some cloud to
ground lightening he was watching. Some nice views from the tower (as well
as the cache site) too.

Thanks Steve!

Scott
Team Ropingthewind