[Az-Geocaching] On site cache manager

Robert & Linda Smith listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 15:45:47 -0700

*August 9 by JenniferK
<http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=f1178c9e-5650-4207-9f3d-9988b91f9717>*
(292 found)
Found it fairly easily two days before, but had to return with writing
implement. I was being, I thought, sneaky, but an employee called me
over and asked if I were the cache owner. He was Steve the groundskeeper
and he wants all to know that he knows about the cache and thinks it's
cool. He and a friend heard about it, looked it up and found it. He is
keeping an eye on it and not trimming a certain something. Anyway, cool
area and great town. Here for family thing from Sacramento, Calif. Thanks!

The above log appeared on our "Don't Forget the 'S'  (GC5A07) cache.  I
went down Monday August 16th to identify myself and thank Steve for
watching out for this cache.  I was told by a co-worker that Steve just
had back surgery.  Checking a couple of numbers at the hospital did not
put me in touch with Steve.  I called another number that was given to
me and Steve answered the phone.  He explained to me that he had a disk
fused in his back and he would not be back to work for a few weeks but
another grounds keeper will check on the cache from time to time.  We
have a very good working agreement with the managers of this very public
place and we all need to be very Thankful for this very nice hide.

Bob Smith, Petite Elite