[Az-Geocaching] YJTB's

Brian Casteel listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 00:11:33 -0600

Ok.  GC.com is back running like normal, so I went through my watch list.
By my figures, TWELVE YJTBs are still in the possession of those who
received them at the event where I distributed them.  This would explain why
so few exist in the 'wild', and many of those released aren't even in AZ
anymore.  It also appears that as many as THREE have become personal TBs for
cachers, or they simply haven't taken the time to place them back in other
caches for others to find.  This is on the conservative side, because there
are some that haven't moved from the hands of those who retrieved them over
a month ago (more along the lines of 18-20 that haven't circulated at all).

The bottom line is that there are more YJTBs in Phoenix than show on
jeep.geocaching.com, and they really should be out there in caches giving
everyone an equal opportunity to move them around and also to submit their
own photo/essay entries.  As Trisha just stated in an e-mail received while
I was typing this, such is human nature.  Perhaps those who haven't released
them could do so and play fair for everyone else.  They weren't meant to be
personal souvenirs given out by Daimler-Chrysler and Groundspeak.  In all
reality, they are part of a marketing scheme to sell to a niche group.
However, it's also intended to be fun for all to participate.  By
withholding those which were given with the expectation that they would make
it into caches is unfair, and just plain selfish.

Brian
Team A.I.