[Az-Geocaching] Notification of Cache Removal

Steven Stringham listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 21:51:19 -0700 (MST)

You know, I am just glad to participate in this GAME. It is a whole lot of
FUN.

And, Geocaching.com and COMPANY provide the basics for FREE. And if you
wish you can support them ($3 a month), or not. This is, IMHO, a cheap
subscription rate to support a game that brings me to the outdoors like
nothing before it has. It wasn't until I wanted some of the bigger
searches that I started my subscription. But, I am glad to do it. I like
some of these features.

Do I enjoy the use of other sites like AZGC? Yes. Is it a scrapper? Yes.
Could it also receive such an order? Yes. Would I like GC to come up with
a policy for sites like AZGC? Yes. A simple subscription rate (which I am
sure folks like us would gladly pony up to support) might help with SITES
like AZGC. I would like GC to create a more conducive policy for sites
like AZGC.

But, for a program that you run individually to scrap the GC site? That
can put a huge load on the systems, slowing it down for the rest of us.
Yes, it does cost money run sites like this. Have you ever tried to pay
for your own website (just a simple one) from a regular service? $7-10 a
month for services. (don't start listing cheaper for me please?) Just for
a dinky little web site, without all the sufficistication (sp?) that GC
has. And, without all the bandwidth load of GC.

Bottom line here. Fun GAME. Cheap price for membership (little or
NOTHING). I am glad I can play.

Steven Stringham
StringCachers

http://stringham-family.org/