[Az-Geocaching] 60C update

Atherton, Bill (AZ15) listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 06:16:53 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C47AEE.797005AA

Thanks for the heads up.  I did load 3.43.  FYI, when I first tried to load
3.43 it failed twice to load right after saying "erase", had me scared my
unit would now be dead.  Fortunately it had not done anything to my 60C.
Found the problem to be the fact that my 60C was connected through a 4 port
hub to my PC.  I have 5 USB items.  Moved the 60C to a direct connect to my
PC and it worked fine.  May be the result of my PC being 1.1 USB and the hub
supporting 2.0.
Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Casteel [mailto:bcasteel@uccinc.net]
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 10:52 PM
To: AZ Geocaching
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] 60C update

For those not following updates, Garmin released 3.50 (from 3.43 beta)
today.

*	Added support for xImage
<http://www.garmin.com/support/agree.jsp?id=545>  software.

*	Improved track log recording in Auto mode.

*	Increased the size of the compass pointer on the Compass page.

*	Enabled the compass pointer to be shown while navigating a Follow
Road route.

*	Added a progress indicator when calculating a Follow Road route.

*	Increased the precision of the 'project waypoint distance' field.

*	Added the ability to independently show or hide entire map families
on the Map Setup page.

*	Added 'meters per second' as an option for vertical speed units.

*	Added Greek language.

*	Updated translations.

The xImage software is pretty cool, and there has been activity on the
forums about custom icons that frankly are awesome.  You have a custom icon
set that you can use, but it looks like MapSource needs to be updated a bit
to understand them.  It doesn't play very nice yet due to a bit change or
something to that effect.  As soon as that little glitch is fixed, I'm all
over some of the custom sets I've seen designed already.  There's a YJTB
icon that I can't wait to start using for my Jeep location when I start a
hike.  :)

Brian
Team A.I.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C47AEE.797005AA

<HTML><HEAD>

<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><SPAN class=446410513-05082004><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Thanks
for the heads up.&nbsp; I did load 3.43.&nbsp; FYI, when I first&nbsp;tried to
load 3.43 it failed&nbsp;twice to load right after saying "erase", had me scared
my unit would now be dead.&nbsp; Fortunately it had not done anything to my
60C.&nbsp; Found the problem to be the fact that my 60C was connected through a
4 port&nbsp;hub to my PC.&nbsp; I have 5 USB items.&nbsp; Moved the 60C to a
direct connect to my PC and it worked fine.&nbsp; May be the result of my PC
being 1.1 USB and the hub supporting 2.0.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=446410513-05082004><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Bill</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> Brian Casteel
  [mailto:bcasteel@uccinc.net]<BR><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, August 04, 2004 10:52
  PM<BR><B>To:</B> AZ Geocaching<BR><B>Subject:</B> [Az-Geocaching] 60C
  update<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>For those not following updates, Garmin released
  3.50 (from 3.43 beta) today.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>
  <LI>Added support for <A
  href="http://www.garmin.com/support/agree.jsp?id=545">xImage</A> software.
  <LI>Improved track log recording in Auto mode.
  <LI>Increased the size of the compass pointer on the Compass page.
  <LI>Enabled the compass pointer to be shown while navigating a Follow Road
  route.
  <LI>Added a progress indicator when calculating a Follow Road route.
  <LI>Increased the precision of the 'project waypoint distance' field.
  <LI>Added the ability to independently show or hide entire map families on the
  Map Setup page.
  <LI>Added 'meters per second' as an option for vertical speed units.
  <LI>Added Greek language.
  <LI>Updated translations. </LI></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>The xImage software is pretty cool, and there has
  been activity on the forums about custom icons that frankly are awesome.&nbsp;
  You have a custom icon set that you can use, but it looks like MapSource needs
  to be updated a bit to understand them.&nbsp; It doesn't play very nice yet
  due to&nbsp;a bit change or something to that effect.&nbsp; As soon as that
  little glitch is fixed, I'm all over some of the custom sets I've seen
  designed already.&nbsp; There's a YJTB icon that I can't wait to start using
  for my Jeep location when I start a hike.&nbsp; :)</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Brian</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Team A.I.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C47AEE.797005AA--