[Az-Geocaching] New Prescott (Valley) Caches

Trisha listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 03 Aug 2004 18:58:00 -0700 (MST)

Just to clarify....SO FAR (8/3/04) only ONE of the TEN "Prescott
Valley Park Series" that I put out last week has been stolen SO FAR.

I think that seven of them have a better than average chance of
lasting awhile, unless people are careless with muggles. And two may
not last too long, but they will be fun while they last.

Graldrich the Great (The King of Phoenix Micros) came up last weekend
and did them all and I think he enjoyed them, he gave me some great
feedback and a few suggestions, and TWO OF THEM even stumped him!!!
(OMG----the highlight of my life! He had my cache hotline number so
was able to get hints, just like he offers to all of us.) He even
found one container that was unique, EVEN to him! I'll bet you'll see
that container in Phoenix soon!

I sure appreciated his, and ALL cacher's input as I experiment with
what will work and what won't up here.

Please, dear Phoenix experienced cachers, keep in mind that we have a
few newbies up here, as well as some cachers who have not done many
urban micros. My hides are therefore NOT (for the most part) as hard
as graldrichs' on purpose. My goals are to put them out in creative
fun ways, show off our pretty li'l town, have different types of
containers, and like I said this is a learning process for me and Dan
as we see what will work in the local area.

Maintaining caches in the forest/mountains, altho I LOVE those kind of
caches, became too hard for us, so we are trying to stay in the game
by going more "local" ones. This also allows people who like variety
to get to do some different kinds of caches than the 4x4 Jeep all-day
ones (which I would love to do as well if I could) and the 1/4 mile up
the trail under the rocks type (which are also perfectly fine.)

One of the best things I like about geocaching is the opportunity for
variety.

Regarding my other recently stolen (?) caches, I still need to verify
they are gone. Pretty sure "IS that what I THINK it is?" is gone,
which is too bad as it was really cute, but it did have 40 visits or
so, so that was not a total waste. My other one in question,
"arachnophakia" I plan to check tomorrow (wed) if I can get out....I
am not sure if the person who reported it missing was looking in
exactly the right place. Probably was, but I will verify.

There are still plenty of great caches in Prescott and we have a few
newbies who I think are planning soon to start hiding.

Hope whoever is planning to come enjoys the area...it is a little
cooler ~!

take care all,
Trisha "Lightning"
Prescott Vly

PS to answer your question Scott....how can people steal a cache when
the cachers can't even find them? Well, a (very) small percentage of
bad-apple cachers steal them, just to do it, to use for their own
area....whatever. My theory only, not a proven fact. Plus muggles and
authorities.