[Az-Geocaching] Mummy's Surprise Rating

Trisha listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:48:12 -0700 (MST)

Hey Guy,

How'rya doin'?

Ahem....(butting in) Did you read Andy's note? Clayjar's rating system
is not required, of course, but it does seem to be somewhat of a
standard being used.

Let's see. 1 = Handicapped ACCESSIBLE, terrain is likely to be PAVED,
is relatively FLAT, and less than 1/2 mile.

2 = Terrain is generally along marked trails, there ARE NO STEEP
ELEVATION changes or heavy undergrowth, less than 2 miles.

Hm.

I haven't been to this cache, but from the logs (some mention a short
steep climb) it seems like bumping the terrain rating to at least a 2
might be more accurate and therefore avoid any confusion/complaints in
the future. Pretty easy. Or, if there is a way to get within 50 feet
without the steep climb, maybe a 1.5.

Think. 50 feet might as well be 50 miles when you are wheelchair
bound. "Accessible" logically means someone in a wheelchair can
physically reach out and grab the cache. (/butting in)

take care,
Trisha "Lightning"
Prescott

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=5cda014b-43e0-4d58-93